new roads to old places




I spent a year cycling in rain, wind, and sun through Copenhagen's well designed streets. My bike became equal to my freedom. Minus the vengeful Nordic wind, my bike was the ideal way to get from point a to point b. Despite the practicality of the geography, the flat roads left something to be desired. I missed the curves of the ground. I missed how pavement is bent to reflect them. The flatness in combination with the street lines began to hurt my eyes. Before Copenhagen I had lived in a city built around a green mountain. It was a bit of a switch, a positive one for the legs and a negative one for the eyes. However, on our drive from Copenhagen to Berlin we discovered that Denmark is not that flat afterall.


In fact, we discovered that the Danish country side provides plenty beyond straight lines for the eye.



Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP