just right chickpeas

Before leaving Toronto for Goteborg, I did what I do best: eating with friends and family.

I love dinner parties. And also barbecues. Both I would list under my hobbies. In fact, I love them so much that I am always in too much bliss to take photographs. This means that normally I have photographs of left-overs. And what a left-over these crushed chickpeas were! I have been loyal to hummus for years, but these crushed chickpeas are a charming change. So charming that I have been making this rather often and packing it for lunch alongside Swedish crackers.


Crushed Chickpeas with Jalapenos
inspired by Lucy Waverman

Ingredients

chickpeas, about a cup
2 tbsp. jalapenos, or to taste (i always overindulge in the jalapenos)
1-2 small cloves of finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup of nice, extra-virgin olive oil
chopped fresh herbs, parsley or cilantro
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Crush chickpeas with a fork. The more texture, the better. Add jalapenos, garlic, olive oil, and fresh herbs. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. More jalapeno perhaps?

Guten!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP