a sandwich for friday


The nice thing about an essay-writing day is that I have an excuse to stay at home and make a nice lunch.

Between reading a book by Afua Cooper and writing a paragraph about myself in Swedish, I ate a sandwich. And what a sandwich it was! I have never been much of a sandwich person, but if I get into the habit of baking brioche regularly and buying fresh shrimp all that may change.

Cucumber and Spicy Shrimp Brioche
Ingredients

a few fresh shrimp
(my local fiskvagen has delicious shrimp that are conveniently already cooked)
fresh chives
creamy dijon mustard
cre
me fraiche
a few squeezes of a lemon
a pinch of cayenne pepper
a generous pinch of sea salt
black pepper
thinly sliced cucumber
mixed greens
a few slices of brioche, day old is best

Toast a few slices of brioche. Mix mustard, creme fraiche, and lemon juice. Add fresh chives, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and then add shrimp and mix well. Place mixed greens and cucumber on brioche and then add the shrimp and the remaining sauce.
Guten!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP