arugula salad with dried figs and walnuts


When the winter turns colder, my apartment becomes nicer. My cupboards are filled with dried fruits, nuts and honey. One pair of slippers and one pair of moccasins wait for my feet each morning next to my bed. I buy plants and my roommate buys candles. Growing up in Canada I have never been afraid of snow, but I admit to still having some fear of the cold.

I am an avid salad eater and in the winter my cravings for all things green and fresh become all the more intense. Salads with fruit tend to be my favourite (which is rather obvious with past mentions of an orange and fennel salad and a watermelon and cucumber salad). A version of this salad - one with arugula with nuts, dried or fresh fruits, some cheese and a simple dressing of good olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey - is one of my repeated staples and with each repeat, it is always becomes something new. Try arugula with peaches, almonds and goat cheese. Or, arugula with pear, walnuts and blue cheese. Or when you have a well stocked cupboard and little desire to put on your snow boots, try arugula salad with dried figs and walnuts.

Arugula Salad with Dried Figs and Walnuts

Ingredients

a handful of arugula
dried figs, cut into quarters
walnuts, toasted
a few shavings of pamigiano-reggiano
good olive oil
balsamic vinegar
honey
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

Mix together arugula, dried figs and walnuts. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss. Assemble onto plates. Top with a drizzle of honey, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a few shavings of parmigiano-reggiano.

Guten!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP