layers of breakfast


If I was as good at dressing in layers as I am at eating in layers, perhaps I would have not caught a cold. However, just because my diet has been reduced to raw garlic, ginger and honey, does not mean that I can't reminisce about recent delicious breakfasts (that I hope to repeat soon).


Apple-Quinoa Parfait

inspired by vanilla & lace and tasty kitchen

Ingredients

1 apple, chopped
1 tbsp. butter
dried cranberries
1 tbsp. brown sugar, or maple syrup
cinnamon
nutmeg
a pinch of salt
zest of half an organic orange
1/4 cup dry Quinoa (I used red)
1/2 cup water, milk, or apple juice
1 cup Greek yogurt
honey

Melt butter in heavy frying pan over medium-low heat. Add apple, dried cranberries, brown sugar or maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cook until apples are soft and caramelized. Mix quinoa with cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, orange zest and salt. Cook in water, milk, or apple juice. Once both quinoa and apples are cooked, let cool slightly. Mix Greek yogurt with honey. Layer yogurt, apples and quinoa into two glasses. Top with cinnamon and honey.

Guten!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP