breaking for tea




I begin each trip with a list of things to pack and I end each one with a list of foods to recreate. Scotland in April served me tea with fresh mint leaves and red, chili pepper. It teased me with cherry blossoms and green grass. Now I have not just spring on my mind, but also summer. My legs felt direct sunlight for the first time in months. I ate perfect scones and I tried pickled eggs for the first time. Below is a list of food ideas that I packed to bring back from my trip to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Not all are traditionally Scottish, but they are all highly inspiring.


  • home-made ginger beer
  • pickled eggs
  • fresh mint and chili pepper tea
  • the super salad from the Left Bank cafe
  • parsnip crisps with honey and salt and pepper
  • white bean and mushroom puree
  • beef sausage and onion gravy pie
  • sweet potato fries with an Asian marinade and sesame seeds with a cilantro dipping sauce
  • clotted cream
  • kidney bean and eggplant salad

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP