home to ice pops



I just spent two weeks in Salzburg. I studied, socialized, and barely slept. After returning to Munich I spent nearly a day sleeping. Then I spent nearly a day cooking (or baking to be more precise). Sunday my kitchen and I were chatting and catching up like it had been ages since we last met. I baked a French boule and two loaves of zucchini bread. I made strawberry banana smoothies with coconut milk in the morning and raspberry lemonade in the evening. I ate salad nicoise for dinner and snacked on fruit and home-made bread throughout the day.

All of this kitchen activity was eclipsed by my freezer. Before leaving for a weekend in Berlin and two weeks in Salzburg, I made ice pops. Despite the summer weather (or lack thereof), I have been carrying on eating ice cream like it is summer. A few streets away is a gem of an ice cream shop. They understand that chocolate and ginger is a flawless combination. They mix pear and pineapple together and they mix peach and raspberry. They have taught me that milk and mint belong together. In short, my wallet and I have been spending a lot of time at this ice cream shop. Just around the corner there is also a general shop with an impressive kitchen selection. After eating chocolate and ginger ice cream one day after work, I decided to buy ice pop molds. I can easily make similarly delicious cold treats and not be dependent on having a) small change and b) a craving only before 10pm.

I first tried mango and coconut milk together as a sorbet and I can insure that the combination is just as delicious in ice pop molds.

Mango and Coconut Milk Ice Pops

Ingredients

1 can full fat coconut milk
1 large banana
1 ripe mango (Pakistani if you are lucky)
2 tsps lemon juice
1-2 tbsp agave nectar or honey (omit if your mango is ultra sweet)

In a blender mix together the banana, mango, lemon juice and honey. Add the coconut milk and blend. Pour into ice pop molds (4 to 6 depending on their size) and freeze.

Guten!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP