lately



It has already been a month since I landed in Mumbai. A month! As usual, it is tricky to summarize an experience with a measurement of time alone; the everyday details are much more useful.

Instead of drinking coffee I drink tea and instead of photographing food I photograph the interiors of taxis and restaurants. I use limes instead of lemon to splash juice onto sliced apples, or into a hot cup of water. The sun sets shortly after 6pm and my use of the word 'evening' is confused and inconsistent. The month of November is nearly around the corner, and I have missed out on autumn's apples and scarves. However, I do appreciate not having to hand-wash tights, or trade in my bike for a metro-pass. And I definitely appreciate Mumbai's sweet limes, breezy tunics, and Parsi restaurants.


Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP