i've met a warm november


Even though my evenings are hot and my days are even hotter, I have autumn on my mind. I cannot help but think of my favourite season even when living in a tropical city. I have always been hopelessly romantic about scarves, freshly picked apples, autumn bike rides and sharpened pencils for back to school. I guess you can take a Canadian to a warm climate, but you can't take away her sense of the seasons. It is incredible to be somewhere where the November heat is what I am used to in only the month of August.

I am taking full advantage of being somewhere hot for a change (read: drinking lots and lots of sweet lime juice and coconut water). That said, I do look forward to my next chilly morning where I will wake up with a craving for pancakes. Growing up my mom often made sauteed apples to go along with our weekend pancake feasts. This is less of a recipe and more of a formula. I like it with both apples or pears or apples and pears. The dried cranberries add more depth to the texture and the little drizzle of whiskey or rum gives it a more luxurious taste.


A Friend to Pancakes - Sauteed Apples or Pears

Serves 1-2 people

Ingredients


a generous knob of butter
1 apple or pear, cut into matchsticks
a small handful of dried cranberries
a pinch of cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp whiskey or rum, optional

Melt the butter over medium heat in a small pan. Once melted added the apple or pear and the cinnamon. Cook until the fruit is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the dried cranberries, the maple syrup and the whiskey or rum and cook for another 2 minutes until the cranberries plump up. Serve with pancakes.

Guten!

lucia m  – (November 15, 2011 at 7:30 AM)  

yummy!! ill try that for sure!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP