travel


I am currently on the road. It has been a month and a half since I left Mumbai. I traded in my position as intern in Mumbai to be a tourist in India. I have drank a lot of coconut water and have eaten a lot of dal. I have said good morning to the north and good evening to the south. I have walked in clockwise direction through temples and have bought flowers for blessings. It has been quite the journey and it will be ending soon with two weeks in the capital (which just so happens to have amazing street food).

Travel feeds a desire for quiet. Oh, the joy of quiet! And by quiet I don't necessarily imply being free from noise; instead, I think about being free from having to do this and having to respond to that. I mean being free from computers and their screens and distractions and all of those voices in your head. This article makes me even more convinced that we all need a break. Even though India is loud as loud can be (when I first arrived it didn't take me long to realize that Mumbai's honking borders on harassing), it has given me plenty of quiet. That and about a thousand recipes to try out when I return to my kitchen in Munich. Stay tuned.

tara  – (January 14, 2012 at 1:56 PM)  

hello!

my father was born in Mumbai, my mother in New Delhi - it's been too long since I've been back. I do hope you enjoy this end to your trip.

Kimberley  – (January 18, 2012 at 8:03 AM)  

I totally understand what you mean about quiet. It's probably one of my favorite things about traveling, too. Was just on a much shorter getaway for the same reason. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP