a week of breakfast




I think by now it is quite obvious that breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. When I was living in Berlin my sister came to visit. I made us sweet potato hash and fresh smoothies. We made pancakes and poached eggs. We ate good German breads and cheeses. This was all in the morning before she went off exploring and I went off to work. We're talking breakfast and not brunch. "Do you eat breakfast like this every morning," she asked. Well, yes. I once worked at a restaurant whose motto is that life is too short for bad burgers. I feel the same way about breakfast.

I may have books to read and texts to write, but this past week I have mostly focused on getting my groove back in the kitchen. And what a delicious week it was. I thought that I would share some of my breakfasts. A recipe or two will follow next week.


A Week of Breakfast

bircher muesli with amaranth and coconut milk

homemade banana bread with coconut oil and dark chocolate

homemade granola with olive oil, maple syrup, goji berries, almonds and pumpkin seeds


baked apples stuffed with wheat berries, dried cranberries and almonds

quinoa with nuts, dried fruit, cape gooseberries and maple syrup


fried eggs and potato hash

a poached egg on arugula with a parmesan and anchovy dressing



May your weekend be delicious!

Sophie –   – (February 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM)  

I love your blog.

I find it so inspiring!

Beautiful breakfast pictures!

Is the book good?

X

Kimberley  – (February 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM)  

Every single one of these sounds perfect! Savoring breakfast makes the rest of the day more special. I'm totally with you on its value.

Sasha  – (February 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM)  

Hi Sophie,

The book is a worthwhile read. It is short and it will make you laugh and laugh and laugh.

Be warned, at times you might even be tempted to spit out your breakfast due to laughter!

x

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP