the black and white world of truffles

Exactly this time last year I was in Venice. This year I keep photographing the reddest of leaves as if it has been years since I've seen fall. "But I was in Italy last fall," I say to myself and then it makes sense. Venice is a city of bridges and canals, of prosecco and risotto, of chandeliers and shutters. It is not a city of trees.

However, it doesn't take long to drive out of Venice to experience the Italian fall at all its glory and in a couple of weeks it will be a year ago since I did that precisely. Fall in Italy means forest floors weighed down by chestnuts. It means fresh olive oil that is monster green and tastes fruity. It means a new wine season and, perhaps most mysteriously, it means hunting for white truffles.
I'm happy to share that the article that I wrote for the first issue of Honest Cooking Magazine - "The Black and White World of Truffles" - is now available to read on their website. So all of you without iPads (ironically, myself included), you can read the article here.

Because life travels in loops and circles, I'm actually headed back to Venice this weekend. The city might not be a place to hunt for truffles or to watch the leaves turn from gold to rust, but it is a city well worth a visit no matter the season. 

* * * * *

In other news, I'm thrilled to announce that I've been nominated for the 2013 Canadian Weblog Awards in two categories: Ex-pat and Food & Drink. Since the awards are judged by a jury, instead of asking you to vote for me, I'll ask you to do as the Germans do and press your thumbs for good luck. Danke!
 

tracy.rose@healthline.com –   – (November 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM)  

Hi Sasha,

Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to paperdollparade.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
Tracy

Sasha  – (November 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM)  

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your interest in Paper Doll Parade! For now I am the only author, but I will let you know should that change.

Best from Munich,

Sasha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP